Address: Prague Congress Centre, 5. Kvetna 65, Prague Prague 14021
Date: 10 to 13 Jun '19
Official Website: http://www.felasa2019.eu/
FELASA, the Federation of European Laboratory Animal Science Associations, represents over 4000 specialists in the field of laboratory animal science from 28 countries and 21 constituent associations. In 2018, FELASA celebrates its 40th anniversary and in 2019 it looks to continue its work for the next 40 years.
It is therefore the time to invite you to the 14th FELASA Congress that will take place between June 10-13, 2019 in Prague, the beautiful capital of the Czech Republic.
This triennial congress has grown to become the largest European laboratory animal science event attracting almost 2000 participants. This congress is always organized together with one of the FELASA Constituent Associations, which gives us all a great opportunity to familiarize ourselves with the cultural features of different countries in Europe. This time our host will be CLASA, Czech Laboratory Animal Science Association.
The FELASA Congress is a scientific and educational event, offering the current knowledge on the use and welfare of animals in experiments and how to make improvements in these areas: in Prague, a special issue will be the correct reporting of animal research. Animal welfare, ethical aspects, legislation and education are obvious parts of congress topics. We will also have the newest information and recommendations on how to working with aquatics and some other rarely used species.
FELASA Congress is not only science and education. It is also a large exhibition, showing the recent updates in animal care materials and equipment, animal use and health programs, and research equipment. You will have the opportunity to talk with the representatives from the companies exhibiting, and get information on all new equipment, techniques and almost everything needed when working with laboratory animals.
And finally – professional and social contacts are something invaluable in a face-to-face environment. This is an integral part of the FELASA Congress: meeting colleagues from all over Europe – and beyond – renewing old and making fruitful new acquaintances by means of informal conversations.
The FELASA Congress is the perfect occasion to combine continuing education with informal exchanges of ideas.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Prague,
Ana Isabel Santos
President of FELASA
The scientific programme consists in 6 streams:
1. Education and Training: this stream includes some sessions on animal user training, professional development (including a day focusing on animal technicians and caregivers), some deal with training delivery in practice, and how to make assessments a key part of a successful education scheme.
2. Reproducibility and Translation: this stream discusses animal research reporting and focuses on three aspects of the reproducibility conundrum: experimental design, genetic quality, and microbiota management.
3. Model Management: this stream details a wide range of key considerations for the development of a project: from 3Rs implementation including the termination of severe suffering and pain management, to adapting the animal facility to the latest technologies.
4. Defining Good Care: this stream presents the latest working groups’ recommendations to optimize husbandry and culture of care. Topics include capture, transport, health monitoring and euthanasia of various species like rodents, farm animals, NHP and aquatics.
5. Compliance and Communication: this stream tackles the high level challenges regarding legislation, openness and transparency, strength of ethics committees within institutions, LAS staff management, cooperation and 3Rs implementation.
6. Severity Classification: this stream is made of four half-day workshops on the classification and reporting severity, one workshop to train the trainees on severity, and one session focusing on the severity classification in aquatics.
The Scientific Committee looks forward to reviewing your abstracts!
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travel arrangements.
Prices are for evaluation only.