LNG sector has been impacted by several unforeseen challenges in a short period of time - the outbreak of pandemic and subsequent global oil price shocks will certainly have a role in shaping long-term implications for the business. These new circumstances are predicted to influence the supply and demand in LNG markets, some experts claim that the demand from Asia might weaken and the sector might get burdened with oversupply. The raising competition of renewables should also be considered when discussing challenges and competitors in the energy industry. Nonetheless, a prosperous LNG market growth is still expected in coming years, and investments in LNG plants, infrastructure development projects are steadily continuing.
You will be joined by many established industry experts and practitioners from different LNG areas, who will share current developments and challenges within their organisations, future plans, technical solutions and market insights. We will provide an interactive platform, where participants will be able to engage in a discussion with the speakers and the audience. We invite all stakeholders to join the conference, get valuable insights and share their experience.
The 3rd Global LNG Forum is expanding an array of topics and will dedicate some special attention to the new promising energy carrier of the future. The LNG industry has necessary potential and offers advantages to develop the hydrogen industry. Lessons learned and good practices created in developing the global LNG market and technologies can be used for embarking on the new hydrogen journey. Even according to the International Energy Agency findings, energy industry stakeholders should use the opportunity to develop hydrogen as future fuel in the next decade. An action and policy plan should be established to lay the commercial and technological foundations for the cleanest energy source of the future.
Global LNG market outlook
- Changes in gas demand and supply dynamics
- Most significant challenges LNG industry to face in the near future
- Will LNG market be able to continue its impressive growth spurt in the future?
LNG Projects and Infrastructure
- Small-Scale LNG projects - flexibility and cost-effectiveness
- The 2020 IMO fuel sulphur regulation – the need of a developed LNG infrastructure
- Lesser known Bio-LNG – huge potential and challenges of producing
- Latest technological developments and prospects for wider use of LNG as fuel for land and maritime transport
LNG Innovations and Technologies
- LNG as ship fuel – how to overcome obstacles and make it more attractive for shipowners
- Most efficient LNG technologies for LNG Plants - different applications: small-scale, mid-scale and large-scale and offshore
- Boosting productivity and removing inefficiencies with innovative digital and cyber security tools
- Safe production, storage, application and handling of LNG – latest solutions
Unlocking Hydrogen Potential
- The benefits and dangers of developing hydrogen economy
- Creating Safe Investment Environment and Demand
- How can governments and key stakeholders develop the potential of a global hydrogen market?
- Areas of focus – which sectors is hydrogen likely to grow the fastest?
- Financing of hydrogen projects
- Latest developments – currently ongoing projects and future projections
- Cost-competitiveness and better possibilities for hydrogen production and applications
Technologies and Solutions
- Fossil energy sources
- Biogenic production
- Hydrogen as by-product
Adapting already existing technologies and infrastructure for H2
- Already existing gas storage and transporting facilities for H2
- Natural gas to H2
- LNG-H2 mixed refuelling stations
New solutions and technologies
- Safety and potential hazards – high flammability, storage and transportation solutions
- Need to increase the number of hydrogen stations
- H2 as fuel for maritime