Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 1–2 hours per week
Learn how to apply accounting and federal income tax principles to project earnings and cash flows.
In this course, you will learn how to apply accounting and federal income tax principles to project earnings and cash flows, specifically of the post-combination entity.
To drive concepts home, you will work on real world examples and journal entries for common to complex M&A; accounting treatments.
This course is part of the New York Institute of Finance's popular Mergers & Acquisitions Professional Certificate program.
What you'll learn
- Overview of the Equity Methods of Consideration
- Cost method, its sub-categories, and consolidation
- Basics of purchase accounting and the steps to record a acquired balance sheet
- Internal Revenue Code Section 338(G)
- Tax-deductibles Goodwill and Intangibles