Education & Training (Online)
Information Technology - ICT; Leadership & C-Suite
Price: Under 500 USD$
Special Offer: $750 US
Visit Event Website
Candidates who register for the asynchronous online course are required to complete the following 4 courses:
1. MANAGING IT RESOURCES
(a) Enhancing IT-business alignment.
(b) Strategic, Tactical, and Operational IT governance practices.
(c) Improving IT's key business processes.
(d) IT organizational structure alternatives.
(e) Demonstrating the value of IT.
(f) Evolving role of the CIO.
(g) Trends in sourcing/outsourcing.
(h) Sustaining systems integration.
(i) Managing emerging technologies and change.
(j) Human resource and skills considerations.
2. STRATEGIC ISSUES IN IT
(a) The strategic role of information technology in a business enterprise.
(b) The elements of a strategy formulation process.
(c) Distinguishing among business/IT strategy frameworks and methods.
(d) Selecting appropriate frameworks and methods.
(e) Applying frameworks and methods to improve analysis in creating a business strategy enabled or driven by IT.
(f) Applying the elements of a strategy formulation process to organizations and industries to create an aligned IT-business strategy for competitive advantage.
(g) Distinguishing between: short-term strategies that satisfy immediate business requirements; and longer-term strategies that may provide significant competitive advantage.
(h) Distinguishing between strategic and operational goals.
(i) Creating and evaluating alternative IT strategies and tactics available to management to achieve strategic goals.
(j) How the CIO functions as a member of the top business management team.
3. MANAGING EMERGING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(a) Creating a business case for an emerging information technology.
(b) Identifying factors affecting the successful adoption of new information technologies.
(c) Identifying the key attributes, business benefits, risks, and cost factors of a new technology.
(d) Knowing how to effectively use advanced search and selection metrics for identifying and selecting new technology.
(e) Describing technology trends that presently drive or are expected to drive the selection of new technologies over the next decade.
(f) Providing organizational structures and frameworks that guide the enhanced adoption and capitalization related to what new technologies and approaches can offer.
4. IT LEADERSHIP
While there is no cookbook for being a successful Business-IT leader there are a number of common patterns and approaches taken by those who have the most success in the Business-IT leadership journey. The course is built around three themes those successful Business-IT leaders have found to be critical:
(1) Business-IT Leadership Challenges: Being able to recognize and understand how Business-IT leadership differs from generic leadership.
(2) Situational Awareness: Business-IT leadership is extremely dependent on the situation being encountered. Being able to assess the situation and make the proper adjustment to leadership style and approach are crucial to success.
(3) Unique Business-IT Leadership Capabilities: Being able to select and apply a unique set of leadership styles, models, frameworks and approaches that are best suited to the variety of situations the Business-IT leader will face.
This 4-course Certificate is designed for:
1. The IT professional with 10+ years’ of experience who is moving up in their career.
2. Senior level IT executives/consultants that require important management & leadership skills.
3. The business (non-IT) professional looking to understand how to leverage their IT investment.
CIO CERTIFICATION - LEADERSHIP IN BUSINESS-IT MANAGEMENT
Each online course has a final exam comprised of attaining at least 70% from 50 multiple choice questions taken after completing the online lectures.
After successful completion of this program, candidates will also receive ICCP Certification.
FAQs for individuals can be found via https://www.globaliim.com/faqs-for-individuals.