Many employers have misconceptions about what is actually required to pay employees correctly under federal and state wage and hour laws. There are some who absolutely believe it is illegal to force exempt employees to record their time (it is not) or that if you pay an employee for a holiday it legally must be included in the overtime calculation (it does not).
This live webinar is designed for payroll professionals, human resource and benefit professionals, accountants, controllers, business managers, office managers, presidents, vice presidents, CFOs, finance directors, bookkeepers and attorneys.
- You will be able to discuss unproductive hours eligible for compensation.
- You will be able to explain exempt vs. nonexempt vs. hourly vs. salary positions.
- You will be able to identify who should punch a time clock.
- You will be able to recognize what work time is
- Implementation consultant, payroll
- 25+ years of experience in payroll including managing multistate payroll departments
- CPP/FPC study group coordinator