Mastering the integration of solar power plants with energy storage, plus other value-add solutions
Dispatchable & Flexible Solar Power
LIVE ONLINE COURSE
Dates: 26 October – 31 October 2022
A business-focused training course designed to provide business developers with an accessible and concise, yet comprehensive understanding of how advanced utility-scale solar power projects are providing greater value to the industry, its investors and energy system planners alike.
‘Dispatchable’ solar power projects are crucial to the scalability of solar within energy systems, increasing its ability to replace conventional thermal power capacity while maintaining power system flexibility and resilience. Compared to traditional solar-only projects, new considerations include the components required and the project design, development and integration processes involved. Understanding the market drivers and new revenue opportunities that such hybrid, multi-technology projects create are key to making the business case.
This course will lead attendees through the technologies, processes and financial return and risk considerations for those involved in dispatchable solar project development, with a particular focus on solar + storage. Explanations will be provided in clear, business-friendly language accessible to non-engineers. If you need a valuable, up-to-the-minute and independent introduction to these crucial trends in the future development of solar power projects, this online course provides a unique learning opportunity.
- Market trends and business cases driving ‘dispatchable’ solar power
- Integrating utility-scale solar power with battery storage
- Hybrid projects, hydrogen integration and other solutions to dispatchable solar power
- Economic variables and sizing of solar + storage projects
Among the key points to be answered
- What are the market factors driving integrated solar + storage projects?
- How can the addition of storage and other flexibility solutions create new revenue opportunities?
- Which other technology integration trends are emerging, including hybridisation & hydrogen?
- How are competitive tenders and utility & regulatory requirements driving dispatchable solar?
- What do examples from around the world indicate about changing market environments?
- What are the key considerations around plant design, components and grid connectivity?
- How do economic & financial aspects of solar with/without storage compare?
- How does solar resource assessment data feed into project design, sizing and site selection?
- How much storage or flexible capacity is needed, and which technologies are most appropriate?
“This was one of my best weeks of training all year! I found him very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in presenting the material, also enabling knowledge exchange between participants in the group. I really enjoyed his interesting lessons and the group work he provided for additional learning outcomes. Thanks.”
- Vice President, Statkraft Development AS
“He represents a thoughtful and unbiased view in the realm of renewable energy. His insights are well reasoned, clear and, perhaps most importantly, backed up by hard numbers. Definitely a person I would turn to for guidance in this space.”
- Investment Officer, responsAbility Investments AG
“Highly accomplished trainer with a broad knowledge and the right mix between slides and exercises.”
- Director, Crédit Agricole CIB
“In the past couple of months, I have attended several of his webinars which never failed to impress.”
- Business Advisor & Project Development, Sokasolutions
Live Online Course - How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 4 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
For more information, please visit: www.infocusinternational.com/dispatchable-solar