LIVE ONLINE COURSE OVER 7 SESSIONS
Commences: 9 – 23 March 2022 (8 – 11am GMT+0)
This is a live online course running over seven sessions. The first two sessions cover FinTechs that enable and disrupt existing banking practices by using the possibilities of technology. You will identify new challengers that disrupt the status quo. You will see how Alibaba and Starbucks affected payments and how they became a financial services company. You will focus on the risks and opportunities, but mostly, you will identify where the next gold mine lies for financial institutions.
From here, we will look at data analytics and what banks have done in the space of systems architecture, payment analytics, behavioural analytics and using neuroscience. All the above requires digital payment solutions. This begs the question on how to create a digital currency. With blockchain and cryptocurrencies on the rise, the following sessions explain the underlying mechanisms.
Firstly, we must understand the basics of cryptography. Then, we must understand the Digital Ledger Technology (DLT). In order to master the workings, we breakdown the Digital Ledger Technology into its hashes and blocks before chaining them together to the blockchain. Then we compare Bitcoin to other cryptocurrencies.
During the course, you will be given free bitcoin to set up a crypto wallet and make some first payments to your peers. After checking out pitfalls and risks, we end the course with a game reinforcing all the learnings. We encourage critical thinking in participants and present the latest knowledge in this area.
1. The stories of FinTech enablers
2. The stories of FinTech disruptors
3. Applications of data analytics
4. Digitalising currency and cryptography
5. Blockchain and the Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
7. Bitcoin account, security and compliance
Benefits of Attending
- Identify areas where FinTech will revolutionise your banking and finance business
- Learn from the sharing economy on which clients to target to future revenue stream
- Understand the attack on payment systems
- Learn how big data is changing everything
- Describe the goal of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Recognise the biggest competitor to the financial industry
- Appreciate the changes required to the banking business model
- Apply the ‘Buy Now Pay Later’ concept to your business
- Understand blockchain, Distributed Ledger Technology, cryptocurrencies and the future of currency
- Identify the risks and limitations of Distributed Ledger Technology
- Identify the threats cryptocurrencies pose to central banks
“I have attended a number of courses conducted by the trainer over the past few years. I have learnt a great deal – he is an excellent lecturer; not only is he technically sound, he would ensure that the content of his courses are kept up-to-date with case studies which are relevant to the current market environment. His classes are never dull and he always keeps the participants engaged.”
- Kingston P, Singapore
“Trainer manages to break down difficult topics into understandable building blocks.”
- David R, UK
“Absolutely the best training I have attended.”
- Z. Chunmao, China
“Trainer is simply excellent. Thanks to his clarity, very complex issues become easy and understandable to the great satisfaction of trainees. I go back very often to the notes of that seminar and find them at any time clear and useful.”
- Anna G, Italy
Live Online Course - How It Works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 8 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
About Infocus International
Infocus International is a global business intelligence provider of strategic information and professional services for diverse business communities, designed to provide insights and assist our clients on the global stage. Our training division provides extensive training programmes ranging from different industries and has trained more than 1700 companies across 118 countries.
To register/enquire, please contact:
Infocus International Group
Tel: +65 6325 0215 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org