Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2–3 hours per week
Explore the universe through physics from the smallest micro particle to the vastness of galaxies.
In this physics course, you will learn about the structure and function of our universe, from the micro-world of quantum fields and atoms up to the mega-world of stars and galaxies.
You will learn about the objective laws governing the physical world and about methods, provided mainly by physics, which allow us to obtain such knowledge.
This course is taught by the National Research Nuclear University MEPhI, one of the world leaders in nuclear science and education.
Our hope is that this course will help boost your curiosity and positively influence or even help to determine your future professional career.
This course is for anyone is who is curious about how our world is constructed and wants to learn more about our universe and the nature surrounding us.
Knowledge of physics and mathematics is NOT required.
What you'll learn
- The structure and function of our universe
- Basic structural levels of matter in the micro world
- Basic structural levels of matter at a megascale
- Objective laws governing the physical world
- Methods in physics which allow us to obtain knowledge of our universe