2021 The 8th International Conference on History and Culture (ICHC 2021) will be held in Sanya, China on December 17-19, 2021
The success of prior ICHC conferences, demonstrated by the quality of research works presented by participating scholars in previous years, has made it an annual gathering and benchmark event for culture and history researchers. The annual conference aims to provide a premier international forum for industry practitioners, academia, and researchers to share and exchange knowledge and research findings, as well as to discuss recent advancements in the fields of history and culture.
2021 The 8th International Conference on History and Culture is the premier forum for the presentation of technological advances and research results in the fields of culture and history. The conference is soliciting state-of-the-art research papers in the following areas of interest:
1. Value of cultural mechanisms (film, theatre, music, crafts, sport, art, architecture, cultural collections, museums, memorials, ceremonies, media, rituals and symbols) in post-conflict resolution.
2. The challenges of teaching history in post conflict societies – whose narrative?
3. Supporting and financing justice delivery and social reconstruction through tribunals, truth commissions and other transitional justice mechanisms.
4. Public health work in Post-conflict peace building.
5. Waging peace: road maps to peace; conflict resolution; election monitoring; peace keeping; constitution drafting; voter education; democracy programs.
6. Reducing societal polarization through subjective reporting by improving professional media practices, standards, and understanding.
7. Resolution of clashes over religion; and cultural, national or ethnic identity.
8. Contesting ownership of the peace process: creating spaces for post-conflict intercultural dialogue.
9. The safeguarding, return and restitution of cultural objects in Post-conflict societies.
10. Re-integration of ex-combatants, including child soldiers, into society.
11. Methodologies for conflict analysis – links between theory and practice in this field.
12. The vulnerability of women during and after conflict – gender based violence.
13. Cultural mediation of conflicts in history.
14. Performing conflicts and making peace in traditional societies.
15. New approaches and trends in cultural history.
16. Historical anthropology.
17. Anthropology of Religion.