The shipping industry has started realizing that they are responsible for a large portion of the global climate change problem and have been joining efforts to search for solutions and means to collaborate. GreenTech in Shipping Forum will strive to get important industry stakeholders together on 21 April 2021 (virtual) to provide a platform for debating and networking.
The Forum will present strategies and will showcase latest innovations and cutting-edge technologies, which will move the industry to a greener and more sustainable future. You will hear from shipbuilders, shipowners, solution and service providers, research and government bodies. This unique platform will give you an opportunity to network, learn and discuss maritime industry challenges in a compact and more intimate environment!
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
Environmental regulations and sustainable development
- What does the future hold for shipping in the USA?
- IMO’s role and impact on the American shipping industry
- Technical challenges in complying with regulatory requirements
- Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems & Emission Reduction
Ports and Green Technologies
- Ports’ initiatives to reduce their environmental impact
- Steps to sustainability: the need to improve port waste facilities, clean power alternatives, and efficiency
- Sustainable practices in developing ports’ terminals
- Green cooperation projects between ports and other industry stakeholders
- Clean fuels - positive economic and environmental impact
- LNG as fuel and its place in the shipping market
- Biofuels, hydrogen, batteries as possible future fuels
- Bunkering opportunities within the region and technical aspects
- The impact of regulations on bunkering
- Fuel consumption and optimization
Engineering Solutions for Sustainability and Better Efficiency
- Propulsion Technologies
- Green Ship Design
- Ballast Water treatment - best practices and solutions
- Repair, Retrofit and Ship Modifications
- HVAC - electronic control, increasing SEER rating
- Hull cleaning / coatings / antifouling - best solutions in the market
- Digitalisation and automatisation of ships
- Cutting-edge IT technologies contributing to maritime safety and communication
- Autonomous vessels - future of shipping? Latest developments
- Latest connectivity solutions
- Route optimisation solutions
ALJ Group organizes high-level events of different formats (business meetings, forums, conferences, exhibitions) for LNG and Maritime experts and industry leaders. Our values are based on knowledge, innovation and communication and our events embed these three essential parts that lead to progress. Two closely related LNG and Maritime sectors constantly undergo challenges and changes and only through a dialogue and partnerships can the industries thrive and become even more sustainable and progressive. Our company is devoted to encouraging the sharing of knowledge and good practice between experts from different areas: researchers, government representatives and business leaders. It is important to hear the opinions and get the input from all industry players as well as to follow the latest technical innovations and solutions in order not to stay behind. Because of their friendly and intimate atmosphere, our events provide best networking opportunities, it is easier to meet and approach important contacts and move your company’s growth forward.