THE EMERGING HYDROGEN ECONOMY – NORTH AMERICAN MARKET OVERVIEW
The emerging hydrogen economy has great potential to enhance the North American energy security and vastly reduce the emission of greenhouse gases. The growing international development of hydrogen infrastructure, trade, and technology is creating unique partnerships across nations and continents. What has changed since the 2016th Paris agreement in the North American hydrogen sector?
- US Hydrogen Road Map: California and Texas leading the way
- Canada, the first North American country to develop a national hydrogen strategy
HYDROGEN PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIES: CURRENT STATE AND FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS
Increasing concerns about carbon emissions and the need to decarbonize the industrial, commercial, transport, and power sectors have forced countries to reduce their dependency on fossil fuel-based systems and increase deployment of renewable energy sources. The vast majority of the hydrogen produced today for industrial use is the so-called “grey” hydrogen. On the other hand, at a cost of about $6/kg, green hydrogen is the most expensive form of hydrogen to produce.
- Utilizing green hydrogen to achieve net-zero emissions • Green hydrogen: a catalyst accelerating transition toward sustainable green economy
- Opportunities for hydrogen production from renewable and sustainable energy resources
- Going green or going blue: what is the optimal mix?
- Hydrogen electrolyzers lowering the cost of hydrogen production making it more competitive
Panel Discussion: SCALING UP HYDROGEN PRODUCTION AND MEETING THE GROWING DEMAND: GLOBAL TRENDS, CHALLENGES AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Today, the production of hydrogen is responsible for 830 million tonnes of CO2 emissions per year. Reducing emissions from existing hydrogen production is a challenge but also represents an opportunity to increase the scale of clean hydrogen worldwide.
- Economic aspects on hydrogen production: is hydrogen truly cost competitive fuel?
- Using gas networks to scale up hydrogen
- Growing opportunities for international hydrogen production and trade on a global scale
- Prospects for building a hydrogen energy infrastructure
SESSION III LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN HYDROGEN STORAGE AND SAFETY SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
The successful adoption and commercialization of hydrogen relies on strategically integrated infrastructure and storage solutions. Hydrogen storage technologies are playing a critical role in the so-called hydrogen economy and the advancement of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies.
- Hydrogen storage – a big technological barrier to the development of hydrogen fuel cell cars
- Large-scale storage of hydrogen: Cost benefits of optimizing hydrogen storage
- Hydrogen safety concerns: codes, standards and regulations
Panel Discussion: HOW IS HYDROGEN REVOLUTIONIZING THE MOBILITY SECTOR?
As the transport industry seeks solutions to decarbonize, fuel cell electric vehicles are emerging as a omplementary technology to battery electric vehicles. Hydrogen poses opportunities, but at the same time infrastructural, logistical and safety challenges.
- Challenges of Scaling Hydrogen Infrastructure
- 3 years after the Metrolinx Hydrail study, where are we at?
- Hydrogen fuel cell buses - When do the benefits outweigh the costs?
SESSION IV ARE HYDROGEN FUEL CELL ELECTRIC VEHICLES THE FUTURE OF THE ROAD AND RAILWAY PASSENGER TRANSPORT?
Hydrogen and fuel cells are critical elements in the decarbonization of the transportation sector. Many experts nowadays believe that we will soon find ourselves using fuel cells to generate electrical power for all sorts of objects we use in our everyday lives. But even with the rapid technical advances fuel cells cannot yet compete economically with the more traditional energy technologies.
- Hydrogen fuel cells, pros and cons
- The roadmap to the commercialization of hydrogen FCEVs
- Hydrogen - the solution to heavy duty vehicles decarbonization
- Hydrogen powered air transportation: how far is it of becoming a reality?
SESSION V THE ROLE OF HYDROGEN IN DECARBONIZING MARITIME & PORT OPERATIONS
Sea ports are users of heavy diesel equipment and are under pressure to reduce emissions that lead to poor air quality and contribute to global warming. Marine applications also show strong potential for hydrogen adoption in both U.S. and Canada.
- Hydrogen and fuel cells in maritime and port applications
- Ports paving the way for the hydrogen sector
SESSION VI NEXT-GEN HYDROGEN-POWERED HOMES: HOW CAN HYDROGEN BE USED FOR HEATING & ENERGY SUPPLY?
The energy and heat supply sectors are proving to be difficult to decarbonize. The gradual conversion of natural gas to hydrogen has the potential to that, however, the unsuitability of the existing distribution infrastructure remains to be a critical challenge to overcome.
- Is hydrogen the solution to net-zero home heating?
- Hydrogen power plant systems and technology innovations
SESSION VII IS GREEN HYDROGEN THE FUEL OF THE FUTURE?
Currently, green hydrogen accounts for less than 1% of the total hydrogen produced. The global demand for green hydrogen and its emerging applications is expected to increase exponentially in the next 30 years. Will this be the fuel of the future?
- Is green hydrogen the future of electricity storage?
- Green hydrogen is gaining momentum, but still has a long way to go before becoming mainstream
and exhibition opportunities
are available for technology providers, consulting companies, investors, banks, engineering companies and solution providers to present their products and solutions while connecting with key players within the hydrogen arena.Wisdom
is a leading events and high-level business meetings organizer, which operates in the energy and maritime sectors. We provide unique and global platforms for top professionals from commercial, government and research segments to establish and maintain strong business relationships. Wisdom
delivers close-door events, such as summits, conferences, exhibitions and face-to-face business meetings of exceptional quality. We bring together senior level management where they look for opportunities to network and exchange business ideas in intimate environment.