Connecting Communities and Services to Close the Gap in Social & Emotional Wellbeing
It is devastating that in Australia, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have significantly higher mental health needs than other Australians and experience psychological distress at around THREE times the rate of the non-Indigenous population.
We see similar statistics across the seas, with Māori and Pacifika populations carrying the highest burden of suicide with higher incidences.
In order to change, we must first shine a light on the key challenges in Indigenous communities, and address the past and present issues contributing to inequities in mental health treatment and care. We must work towards empowering Indigenous communities to develop their own solutions to live long healthy lives; strengthen culture; and reconnect with their spirit.
Share, listen & learn.
At the 2021 Indigenous Wellbeing Conference, you will discover the latest Indigenous-led, grassroot programs and projects taking place around the nation and across the seas. You will learn how to implement practical evidence-based research into your service, and gain a greater understanding of Indigenous protocols, practices, and considerations.
Discover ways to connect with services, communities and clients when distance is a challenge, and hear about the existing health care gaps and strategies. With a program full of practical solutions, you will leave better equipped to effectively acknowledge and encompass physical, spiritual, and cultural needs of Indigenous populations.
Our Commitment to You.
We understand that to close the gap in social and emotional wellbeing for the Indigenous population, a national platform is needed to connect, collaborate, and unify the voice for change.
That’s why we promise to:
- Provide a balanced program that gives voice to lived experience journeys, Indigenous communities, natural healers, services, and practitioners
- Offer a holistic approach which covers all demographics and stages of mental health including prevention, treatment, and recovery
- Give you various opportunities to create meaningful networks
- Design a keynote line-up highlighting examples of best practice, identifying improvements & providing practical solutions to key challenges
- Be accessible to even the most remote locations through online access
- Offer development opportunities to challenge you both personally and professionally through a range of pre-conference activities
- Provide you with a culturally diverse and safe space for growth, learning and healing
Industry Events is in alliance with the ANZMHA - Indigenous Wellbeing Conference - Discounts
Use IE’s discount registration codes and save on either in-person or virtual attendance.
Please note* This offer is valid for new registrations only. No refunds will be given for existing registration to obtain this offer