This webinar deals with the various instruments used in international trade finance and will provide a comprehensive foundation for understanding all aspects of International Trade in a global context.
This webinar will be of especial interest to banking, business, and import/export professionals who wish to expand their knowledge base as well as enhance their expertise and advance their careers in or gain a deeper understanding of the international trade finance arena.
- Understand the risks present in international trade finance.
- Discover the processes used in international trade finance.
- Explore the different instruments used in international trade finance.
- Find out how the different international trade finance payment instruments work.
- Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of the different international trade finance payment instruments.
- Discover the various parties and their roles in the international trade finance payments arena.
- Explore the risks inherent in the different payment instruments used in international trade finance.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Trade finance deals with the various financial instruments and products used by firms to facilitate international trade and commerce. Trade finance makes it possible and easier for importers and exporters to transact business through trade. Trade finance covers many financial products that banks and companies utilize to make trade transactions feasible. This webinar examines the various instruments used in the international trade finance process.
This webinar looks at the underlying operations and processes in the international trade environment. We cover how trade finance works, the difference between pre- and post-shipment financing and the different forms/instruments of trade finance. Additionally we examine the key concerns in international trade in providing a safe channel for the transfer of ownership of the shipment in return for payment. This entails a comprehensive examination of the different payment instruments that are available to settle international trade transactions, including the processes, the advantages/disadvantages and the risks attached to each.
- What is trade finance
- Trade finance and trade payments
- Tools of international trade finance
- Different forms of international trade finance
- Documents and mechanisms
- Underlying problems of international trade finance
- Payment mechanism choices – open account, cash in advance, documentary collections, documentary credits
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Import/export professionals.
- Shipping executives and management.
- Freight company executives and management.
- Financial institution staff dealing with international payments.
- Import/export, shipping and freight company financial executives and management.
- Import/export, shipping and freight company staff from front/middle/back offices.
- Commercial and corporate bankers dealing with importers/ exporters – manufacturers/ distributors in the international arena.
- Trade finance supervisors and managers.
- Trading/ commodity company managers, senior and operations staff.
- Risk managers and risk management officers.
- Trading company, multinational corporate & treasury staff.
- Internal & External Auditors.
- Compliance officers.
- Financial controllers
- Business managers
Stanley Epstein is a Principal Associate and Director of Citadel Advantage Ltd. Citadel Advantage works with banks, financial institutions and startups to make them safer and more profitable, through consulting and training in the banking and payments GRC (Governance, Risk Management and Compliance) areas.
Stanley has had more than 40 years of banking and IT experience, 33 of which were with the Standard Bank of South Africa.