THE RETAIL SUMMIT
Retail; E-Commerce & E-Business
Address: Atlantis, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, Dubai Emirate
Date: 10 to 11 Nov '20
Visit Event Website
Uniting global retail leaders, the Retail Summit is the only global gathering that explores the convergence of retail with technology, experience and hospitality.
The Retail Summit will unite global, c-level executives from retail and parallel industries to create and debate the future of commerce. Facilitating discussions throughout the retail ecosystem and beyond, the Summit turns a spotlight on young, ambitious brands changing the face of retail and the legacy icons leading the way.
In 2020, the Summit will explore the hyper-connected consumer. This customer needs a fast, convenient, frictionless shopping experience, and they need it all on the go. Transactional relationships are no longer enough.
From engaging the “we” generation to enhancing new customer experiences across all channels, do not miss this opportunity to meet and connect with the brightest minds in the industry and take away impactful insights.
HEAR FROM A POWERHOUSE LINE-UP OF SPEAKERS!
80 speakers operating in over 50 countries and representing verticals including luxury, electronics, beauty, fashion and grocery will take to the stage, showcasing perspectives from global icons alongside ambitious disruptor brands, the speakers will provide a truly holistic insight into retail today.
Unique to the Summit, the agenda also showcases pioneers in parallel industries - explore fresh approaches in creating exemplary customer experiences within lifestyle, entertainment, hospitality and F&B. From small-group, interactive roundtables to captivating keynote addresses, the agenda is packed with content designed to get you the answers that you need from those at the forefront of the industry.
This year you can build your own itinerary and join your peers in new formats including:
1. TED-style Talks
- Immerse yourself in a brand’s journey, and understand their DNA in these short, sharp, 15-minute presentations.
2. Roundtable Groups
- Delve into topics in small, interactive group sessions led by a leading retail figure and take away actionable ideas to implement in your business.
3. Panel Discussions
- Explore different perspectives on key issues through in-depth discussions between top expert voices.
4. Keynote Addresses
- Be inspired and learn from those shaping the retail world in our keynote speeches from top industry leaders.
Key Themes & Topics
Through over 20+ hours of dedicated content and 50+ individual sessions across 2 days, the 2020 agenda has been expertly built by retailers, for retailers to give you more actionable insights and new solutions. The Retail Summit 2020 offers the ideal location to benchmark against peers and hear leading opinions on the future of retail.
Key Themes of this Summit include:
- Creating a more sustainable organisation that minimises retail’s environmental impact.
- Communicating with authenticity and creating your “tribe”.
- Developing a global business outlook and getting expansion right.
- Investing in the power of storytelling to drive up engagement in your brand.
- Building an employee-centric culture that encourages and rewards risk.
Digital disruption and a change in consumer expectations are driving a profound transformation in retail. A new generation of retailers are delivering a winning combination of outstanding service and ground-breaking use of technology to deliver the memorable shopping experiences that consumers crave.
The Retail Summit facilitates discussion across the ecosystem including how to innovate, embrace digital and build an agile organisation, enabling you to thrive in this environment.
Who Should Attend
Created by retailers, for retailers under the expert guidance of industry advisors, The Retail Summit does things differently. Getting you closer access to inspirational leaders, highlighting the most innovative and impactful stories in retail today and hosting a range of networking opportunities to support meaningful connections.
Here are some reasons why retailers should attend The Retail Summit 2020!
- Expert speakers - Embrace cross-sector ideas | Join the pioneers | Meet global icons.
- Hard hitting content - Catch up on-demand | Get to the point | New ways of learning.
- Real connections - Build lasting relationships | Discover new brands | Celebrate diversity through a host of Event Features including: WOMEN IN RETAIL.
- The Retail Summit is dedicated to promoting and reflecting a more balanced and diverse retail world. Continuing the celebrations on the week of International Women’s Day, join the exclusive Women in Retail Reception to recognise and honour female achievements.
WELCOME RECEPTION Following the first day of the conference, take this opportunity to continue captivating conversations and connect with the global retail community in a more relaxed atmosphere. A complimentary chauffer service will whisk you away from the Summit to enjoy the sumptuous surroundings of the Emerald Palace Kempinski and network with your peers.
- The Retail Summit will completely transform The Atlantis for two days, recreating a modern high street, complete with a series of bespoke shop interiors that will be fitted out with unique products and concepts. Over the course of the two days emerging entrepreneurs will meet C-level executives from major global retailers and master franchise groups on the lookout for new unique concepts which they can roll out in new territories.
MEETING PODS - the Summit Meeting Pods, are bespoke, private spaces specifically created to facilitate small meetings where real innovation and business connections occur. Centred at the heart of The Summit exhibition floor, the private meeting spaces are the perfect environment for delegates to take time out to digest what they’ve learnt, make new business contacts or re-group with peers.
THE RETAIL STUDY TOUR - Embark on a retail journey across the many faces of Dubai. From the olden walkways of the Gold & Spice Souq to the latest retail giant, The Meydan One Mall. Experience how Dubai has transformed itself from humble beginnings to become a cosmopolitan destination offering shoppers, visitors and guests the very best in the world of Retail. This fully curated Study Tour will take you to see the best Dubai has to offer. The dedicated Tour Guide will point out the hidden cultural gems and introduce you to hand-picked Store Managers who will show you ‘behind the scenes’ and answer any specific questions you may have. All the details have been taken care of, from transport to refreshments allowing you to immerse yourself in the local cultural and explore the iconic retail destinations alongside the new, vibrant formats.