WIOTE 2021 is workshop of ICPES 2021 (2021 11th International Conference on Power and Energy Systems)
, focusing IOT for Energy aspects. IoT applications in the energy sector grow special attention from consumers, businesses and even governments. Apart from numerous benefits to the electric power supply chain, IoT energy management systems give way to new smarter grids which promise unprecedented savings, improved security and enhanced efficiency. We will find out how Internet of Things and energy efficiency are connected and what solutions in this market are worth considering.
Apart from this, WIOTE will bring you a forum for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, experiences and concerns in the field of Power Engineering, Renewable Energies and Energy Systems.
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Internet of Things (IoT) could be instrumental in the use of abatement technologies that address energy consumption inefficiencies. Internet of Things (IoT) can bring direct efficiency gains and can enable behavioural change based on measuring, monitoring, intelligent management and control of energy consumption data, as well as through providing reliable data to citizens, industries and governments about energy consumption / carbon emissions.
This workshop aspires to be a forum of discussion between different stakeholders, researchers, industries etc., in order to present the most recent advances in the area of ICT- and IoT-based Energy Efficiency solutions. It will also promote the collaboration and mutual exchange of experiences between researchers. The presence of researchers from EU funded projects will be promoted although it is open to all kind of contributions.
The technical topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Data management, fusion and knowledge extraction, including semantic models
- Open/Linked Data Production and Consumption for energy efficient ICT services
- Behavioural and Energy Consumption Analytics
- Novel network infrastructures
- Smart metering infrastructures
- Wide area management and monitoring systems
- Networking protocols for low-power devices
- Methodologies for studying and analyzing smart buildings’ performance
- Pilot applications and experiences in both public and private buildings
- IoT-based gamification services for behavioral change towards energy efficiency
- Design guidelines for IoT-based energy efficient services
- IoT-based personalized services towards energy efficient lifestyle
- IoT for Energy-related issues in Education
- Mobile CrowdSensing Mechanisms for energy efficiency
- IoT and Smart Data-based intervention services for energyefficient lifestyle and behavioural change
- Energy efficient electrical appliances: data exchange standards, interoperability, security
- Societal impact of Big Data on energy efficiency, sustainability and environment